Milton Avery, "Conversations in the Studio."
It's a bit late to be posting a Sunday best, but I hope we're good enough friends you'll understand that I really had to spend my whole day watching the BBC's adaptation of "North & South" or life just wasn't going to be worth living. I'm HEAVY into a 19th-century Brit Lit film adaptation phase at the moment, so if it's not in Derbyshire or Sussex, I just can't give a damn. But here are a few links that did catch my attention:
- Let me translate my emails for you.
- You aren't imagining it: some babies are just easier.
- What it's like to blur body parts for "Naked and Afraid."
- A TED talk that makes men feminists.
- Garden and Gun perfectly captures the delight of driving on NC 12 in the Outer Banks.
- Men don't trust women not to overreact. TRUTH.
- What alcohol says to us.
- The NYT 25 essays about music today is totally worth reading.
- I'm biased (because I was not athletic at all), but this is an interesting take: The case against high school sports.
- There is a 90s boy band zombie movie coming.
- Katie Holmes' amazing death stare.
- I am LIVING for American Idol right now, and this is why.