I had a delicious pasta salad at Diner En Blanc and wanted to do a spin on that, but wasn't sure what that might entail. Luckily, a few guesses led to a great dish! You'll need:
- Farfalle pasta
- Fresh basil
- Sun Dried Tomato pesto (you could make your own, or cheat like me)
- Some kind of special spice mix that makes it extra delicious. I used this Crazy Chicken spice I picked up in Savannah.
- Boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Boil the farfalle, and at the same time, cut up your chicken tenders into smaller pieces and season with salt, pepper, your spice mix, maybe a little garlic powder and whatever else suits your fancy.
- Heat the chicken in a skillet with olive oil, and be liberal with the spice because the combo of the spice, olive oil and pesto is going to create your "sauce" for the pasta.
- Once the chicken and pasta are done, toss the pasta in the skillet and mix well, adding spoonfuls of the pesto to taste, along with the basil. I topped with a healthy sprinkling of grated parmesan and it was delicious!
The best part? Sean liked it, and you need to know this is a man who only ordered spaghetti the entire time he visited Italy. He's never met a bolognese he didn't love and he's never met a cream sauce he was willing to try. But this, he liked!