At the start of the summer, we had a Steak-Grilled-to-Order night at my house. Everyone brought their own cut of steak for Sean to grill, and a rose of their choice. We had:
- Whispering Angel: The OG classic. If you haven't had Whispering Angel, have you even had rose?
- Juve & Camps Pinot Noir Rose: Notes of fresh red apple, strawberries and toasted almond
- Mulderbosch Rose: This beautiful South African rose has notes of pomegranate and berries
- Champs de Provence Rose: A classic dry rose that tastes of red berries, citrus and orange blossom
- Apothic Crush: Obviously not a rose, but our go-to red blend wine when in doubt.
It's rare I get to bust out all my pretty tableware, so forgive me for indulging in a beauty shot.
The menu for the evening...
I also served a strawberry watermelon rose sangria that was so refreshing and delicious.
I finally had a chance to do something I've wanted to try for a while: make compound butters! I made a red wine shallot butter and a straight-from-Pinterest recipe for "cowboy butter." Both were delicious.
A shot of Ashleigh's bloody steak, mustard slaw and mac and cheese. We ate every piece of that mac!
Summer Wine Night
When Lauren hosted Wine Club, we decided to have summer-inspired labels (sometimes the theme doesn't fit the wine we have in our fridge, hahahaha):
- Charles & Charles Rose: Delicate floral notes of strawberry and watermelon
- Sea Salt Sauvignon Blanc: A tart grapefruity, crispy sauvignon
- Muir Wood Chardonnay: Tropical, citrusy chardonnay that we enjoyed — a rarity for this varietal!
- Lagaria Pinot Grigio: A crisp Italian wine with notes of apples, pears and white flowers
It would be a mistake not to admire Lauren's inspiring porch planters. She's an artist with plants!
She set a beautiful table with classic Blue Willow china paired with buffalo check napkins. So sweet.
We devoured her food so fast I barely had a chance to snap a pic, but this balsamic-marinated chicken is about the best thing on the planet and you should make it yesterday.
Stacie's Baby Shower
What a thrill to welcome another little lady to our sisterhood! We joined Stacie's friends and family in July to celebrate her babe. They did an INCREDIBLE job creating the perfect baby shower and we were blown away by all the special details.
Everyone received a favor of a scented salt scrub, all personalized with a floral motif they integrated into all the decor.
We played some fun games, including the classic "Don't Say Baby" clothespin game, "guess how many kisses" game and some games that challenged us to come up with baby items starting with the letters that begin the words, "baby shower."
We had a gorgeous brunch spread, including two types of quiche, hash brown casserole, fruit, granola parfaits and so. many. delicious. pastries. They also had my partytime favorite — champagne and pineapple sherbet. Heaven!
Stacie received many gorgeous gifts, including this handmade quilt from her sister-in-law. Her baby is here now and we couldn't be happier!