Sunday, August 5, 2018

Savannah in the Summer 2018

Summertime is almost over and I'm finally sitting down to remember some of it! In June, Bret, Ashleigh and I set off for our annual trip to Savannah and Tybee Island — one of my most treasured traditions these days. Here's a peek at what we enjoyed for our 2018 sojourn in the Sav:


We decided our trip would be dedicated to Cocktails and Caftans and kicked off the trip accordingly: with a beach photo shoot celebrating our caftans via Amazon Prime. 


One hundred percent worth $20 to look this glamorous on the beach.


As is our tradition now, we spent our first night at Tybee Island Social Club, one of our favorite spots for cocktails and snackies. We'll always have a soft spot for their Scientist cocktail. 


The next morning, we spent a few hours completing crossword puzzles and then hit the beach with tumblers filled with cocktails concocted from Ketel One Grapefruit & Rose, St. Germain and Pamplemousse La Croix. We basic, we bougie, we cool with it.


After a day at the beach, we gussied up for a dinner/cocktail crawl with our high school friend Justin, starting with apps at Treylor Park, drinks to go from The Public Kitchen & Bar, and an absolutely fantastic dinner at a new spot called Emporium


Emporium was the perfect blend of old and modern decor, with a beautiful bar, gorgeous tile and soft mint ceilings.



I had the delicious Perry Lane Daiquiri — rum, maraschino liqueur, lime, pineapple, absinthe and bitters. I love a good old-fashioned daiquiri in the Hemingway tradition.


For Ashleigh and I, the main attraction was the burger served tableside with sizzling raclette melted right onto the burger. It was one of the best burgers of my life and all my raclette dreams come true.


From there, we headed to The Grove, where I enjoyed a champagne-soaked blackberry popsicle on a rooftop. I'll have to cling to that memory when I'm having a rough day and feeling sorry for myself!


The fearsome foursome conquering downtown.


We kicked off a day of shopping downtown with a stop at Collins Quarter for the iced Vietnamese Coffee we've spent a whole year dreaming about. Truly good to the last drop! The restaurant is gorgeous and this flower arrangement has me itching to pull out my watercolors and get to painting.


Iced coffee of our dreams!!!


No trip to Savannah would ever be complete for me without a stop at arguably my favorite store, Paris Market & Brocante. It's beautiful just to explore, even if you don't plan to buy a thing.


We finished with our traditional Southern supper at Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room and said adieu to another beautiful trip to Savannah. Until next year!

No comments: