Oh look at me now! I got new bedding! One of life's simple pleasures, for sure. Forgive me that rumpled bedskirt; keeping bedskirts straight is one of many banes of my existence. When we were in IKEA last weekend, I felt inspired to gift my husband with a slightly more masculine bedroom for the spring/summer season.
We picked up this Emmie Ruta duvet cover and sham set and more importantly, a new duvet insert. I cannot tell you how ratchet our old down duvet was, but let's just say all the feathers were at the bottom and winter was misery.
Lest it get TOO masculine in there, though, I popped into West Elm in search of some slightly more feminine shams to balance it out. I ended up with these watercolor-print Roar & Rabbit shams that I love, and perfectly pull the room together, Big Lebowski-style.
But enough about bedding. How about some lazy Sunday reading distraction? Here are my favorite links lately:
- A little girl scores big with a Whole Foods contract for her lemonade. I can't wait to try it!
- Grab a hanky! THIS little girl is cool as a cucumber when she calls 911 to save her daddy.
- How to travel like a grown-ass woman and not break the bank.
- Incredible and thought-provoking interview with RuPaul.
- A mural shows Kanye kissing Kanye and it's perfect.
- Best coworker ever: Nick Offerman.
- Brilliant couple trying to reinvent breastmilk pumping. Bravo!
- Good hustle vs. bad hustle
- Mimosa sangria
- Mondrian + Pong = MondriPong
- TV reporters school the public on mean commenters.
- Appalachian cuisine is having its moment.
- A great feature on a former panhandler running into a former benefactor
- Guns 'N' Roses war stories
- Common dishwasher-loading mistakes.
- A tax calculator that shows how each presidential candidate's proposals would affect you.
- An artist's tribute to creatives who died of AIDS.