Last week, Wine Club gathered for its sixth (SIXTH!!!) Hallowino, our favorite holiday! Lauren pulled out all the stops to create a perfect Halloween spread, and we busted out our costumes on a weeknight. Ashleigh and I went as Basic Bitches (complete with Starbucks cups), Jen had a perfect Flo the Progressive lady costume, Lauren was a sexy cat and Erica was Wonder Woman.
We munched on a delicious salad of spinach, walnuts, goat cheese and raspberries...
For our main course, we had "Witches' Brew," a chicken soup topped with bacon, green onions and sour cream. Delicious!
- Harvester Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles: A fruity and smooth cab with notes of black cherry. I'm not sure if it was the label or what, but I was definitely getting a floral vibe, too.
- Vino de los Muertos Rojo Dulce: This is a SWEET red wine, best for sipping after the meal. We were all a little surprised how sweet it was, especially for a wine with a skull on the label.
- Girl and the Dragon Malbec: I joked that my wine (purchased at Target, btw) is clearly "Game of Thrones" themed. I loved malbecs, so I was all about this red with strong notes of berries.
- 6th Sense Syrah: This Michael David Winery syrah had notes of plum and blackberry. Extremely drinkable!
- Handsome Devil Malbec: Another Argentinian Malbec from Target! This Malbec had a touch of spice, along with notes of toasty vanilla.
And just for fun, here is another picture from a Halloween party where Ashleigh and I got our full Basic Bitch on! We wore Uggs, fake eyelashes, arm parties, Charming Charlie's necklaces and carried our Starbucks "Pumpkin Spice Latte" cups everywhere.