Incredible series by Shimon Attie
We've officially reached the time of year where all our focus shifts outdoors. We're 75% done restaining our deck (more on that later) and mulching the front beds. But the to-do list is loooong: Take care of some poison ivy that's cropped up; removing a dead leyland cypress tree; mulching beds in the back; finishing potting plants; paint soffit in the back; paint front porch railing; and paint peeling shutters.
Looks like we have a long summer ahead! But since right now it's drizzly, let's distract ourselves with some links:
- McSweeney's takes on wedding hashtags.
- A new streaming service for art-house movie snobs like me.
- Dogs hate hugs.
- Beyonce is owning her haters.
- The man who came up with St. Germain died. RIP!
- It's here!! The AbFab trailer is here!
- A touching piece about grieving from TV critic Matt Zoller Seitz.
- A refreshing read: a CV of failures.
- I LOL'd at this criticism of the new USA Olympic uniforms.
- A new app that tells you when you've wandered into a historic place in art or literature.
- Why exercise alone won't help you lose weight.