Thursday, April 28, 2011

EmersonMade: Everything You Want is Yours


Photos from EmersonMade Travel Blog

I'm sure you're all familiar with the lovely designer and proprietress at EmersonMade. If you aren't, Emerson and her husband Ryan have set up an amazing accessories and clothing line, produced in Manhattan and on their New England farm. Emerson models and designs, Ryan manages the website and photographs. Right now, they're in India, setting up production for a line of hand-blocked clothes. I can't wait!
I was reading more about this in this article from Boston Magazine, and read this incredibly great inspiration quote from Emerson:

The first thing is to decide on the deepest level that the thing you love doing is worth doing, so much so that it is worthy of obsession. That’s the fire that starts the engine. After that, you must promise yourself to work extremely hard and do good work everyday, and that you will never give up, no matter what. Just say, “I will never give up, I will never give up, I will never give up,” like the little engine that could. When you decide this, everything you want is yours —it’s just a matter of working hard and pushing through the hard parts with a grin on your face. The grin comes from knowing you can do it because you decided you would.

1 comment:

Kait said...

This duo, amazing. They never seem to take themselves too seriously either. I love that.

I am soooooo excited to see the hand-blocked line!