Have you ever had a craving for something you've never had? You're not totally sure if it's delicious, but it sounds like a good idea in theory? That happened to me and in a rare case of experiments-gone-right, I successfully realized my dream of pork tenderloin with blueberry balsamic sauce.
I wish I could say it was a fancy, complicated recipe whipped up from fresh blueberries and a painstaking balsamic vinegar reduction. But no, this recipe is super easy and will elevate a simple pork tenderloin to an impressive dish that seems like it took a serious investment of time and energy.
There are a lot of ways to go about this, and the internet is predictably teeming with suggestions, but here's what I did.
Blueberry Balsamic Sauce
- 3 teaspoons Blueberry jam or preserves
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Glaze (you can usually buy this in the vinegar aisle and it is worth every penny!)
- A dash of red wine vinegar
- Let the mixture come to a boil on medium-high heat, then turn it down to a simmer when you reach the appropriate consistency.
- Give it a taste. Add ingredients as needed to get the right sweet and tangy flavor.
- Spoon over the meat/veggies/whatever of choice.
It was so good even a picky Sean would eat it!